On completing an Expedition & WIlderness or World Extreme Medicine training course, you will become a member of RemoteMed. Benefits include:
- The Expedition Medics Job List, joining medics and expeditions together
- Email notification of short notice expedition or travel medicine job vacancies
- Special offers from expedition and travel suppliers
- Stories and experiences from fellow expedition medics from various inaccessible parts of the world
- A community of like-minded expedition medics.
All this is free, part of WEM's service and back-up to you once you've been on one of our medical training courses.
To receive these emails you need to join the Expedition Medicine mailing list (you can unsubscribe at any time).
When applying for any of the vacancies, please mention that you saw them here on the World Extreme Medicine
Past opportunities have included:
- BBC's Blue Peter programme was looking for a medic for a filming project in Angola
- Supporting BBC's Blue Peter presenter Helen Skelton's successful record breaking attempt to be the first British woman to kayak the length of the Amazon
- Ginger Productions looking for medics to go to the Amazon and work with Jack Osbourne on the Adrenaline Junkie series
- A River Niger expedition looking for a medic
- Across the Divide Expeditions medic vacancies in China & Nepal
- Support staff for an expedition cruise to Antarctica
- Medic to work for IPPG in Nepal
- Medic to provide medical backup on the Pirelli Calendar shoot
- Medical post to provide cover at the Patriot Hills Base in Antarctica
- Medical post on the Namibia Ultra Marathon.