Mountain leaders and experience trekkers needed for international expeditions
04 November 2016
Are you mountain leader qualified or assessed or an experienced trekker? Raleigh International is looking for mountain leaders or anyone with extensive trekking or outdoor experience to join our international expeditions in Borneo, Costa Rica & Nicaragua, Tanzania and Nepal in June/ July 2017 for 8 or 13 weeks. Support the leadership skills of young volunteers and trek through some of the most incredible landscapes.
Raleigh International is a sustainable development charity, we believe in the passion and energy of young people from around the world to create long lasting positive change. We work with local people, NGO's and governments to establish where our help is needed most. We monitor and evaluate all of our programmes to ensure they create positive impact, are meaningful and long-lasting.
Our programmes focus on providing safe access to water, protecting vulnerable environments and building more resilient communities, all whilst developing the skills and confidence of young people. In order to safely and effectively run our expeditions we rely on volunteer managers.
For exact expedition dates please visit our website.
As a Mountain Leader you will;
- Lead a group of young volunteers on a challenging trek
- Facilitate the personal development of the young volunteers
- Encourage and motivate the young volunteers to complete the adventure leadership challenge
- Inspire the volunteers to complete an impactful project
We ask all of our volunteers to fund raise before the expedition but if you have a mountain leader qualification or assessed you will receive a bursary on your fundraising. For more information on fundraising targets please visit our website. This is an unpaid voluntary position however when you are in country we will cover;
- All living expenses included during the expedition - food, accommodation, equipment
- Full training and support before and during the expedition
- Travel and medical insurance included
- In country transport
- Learn and develop your leadership and trekking skills
- Gain experience in an expedition environment
- Learn and develop knowledge of international sustainable development
- Learn new skills to develop or change your career
- Gain and develop experience working with young people in a challenging environment
- Experience living in a completely new and exciting environment
If you are interested in the role, please visit our website via the button below and complete the online application form, along with sending us a copy of your CV.
If you have any questions about this role please contact us on +44(0) 207 183 1295.
This is an exciting opportunity to experience something dramatically different whilst developing your own skills.
Find out more about Raleigh by visiting our